I hope everybody has had a relaxing and fulfilling summer. We have had three fun summer informal meetings, learned a whole lot of important things and now we are gearing up for the midterms.
But first I want you to invite everyone to the Party. I am talking about EVERYONE: your family, your coworkers, your neighbors and even people you might meet at the grocery store while exclaiming about the precipitous rise in the cost of eggs. Everyone. Because it is totally the Party everyone
should be talking about. It is Our Party. The Republican Party. If they ask why they should come to Our Party, we can honestly say, "It's the best Party in town/in the state of Texas/in this country!" Should they need further exposition on this, here are the details.
Our Party believes:
1. The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land. Every law should derive its authority from this.
2. We are FREE. We believe in the inalienable God-given right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. Who started this Party anyway? Our Party was established in 1854 for the purpose of ending slavery. This is what we mean by FREE. Every man, woman and child (born or unborn) shall have the right to pursue their dreams.
3. We believe in opportunity and economic prosperity for EVERY American.
4. We believe in preserving American values and traditions.
5. We believe in protecting our sovereignty and maintaining our national security.
6. We believe in the freedom to worship as we choose, acknowledging that our country was founded on Christian principles and was blessed by God to become a Republic.
Now that we have established what Our Party believes, I would like to ask a question: Who in their Right mind would not want to be a part of Our Party? The opposite belie3f of any one of the above principles to me is abominable. Or as my grandpa would say: "Tetched." Oh, and by the way, absolutely no need to RSVP! All are welcome.
Now that we have taken care of the details of the Party, I would like to invite everyone reading this is become the Life of the Party! Being the Life of the Party is very rewarding. Actually, many/most of you PWRW members already are the Life of the Party. You are engaged on many, many levels. I feel like I have to run to catch up with most of you. God Bless you. Gone are the days when we could just presume our elections are safe and secure and our elected officials to actuate their responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
Thus, we must take an "all hands on deck" approach to informing our electorate and making sure they get to vote in a manner in which they are assured their vote will count the way it was intended. There are countless opportunities to be engaged in our elections: poll watching, election judges and alternates and clerks, etc. Getting engaged in our elections is basic to helping us maintain our "land of the free." Your Preston West Board will be putting out periodic emails that will inform you of opportunities to help our candidates and engage where needed. Let us all be the Life of the Party."
Joe Biden made a speech the other day. Some are declaring it "The Red Speech" (or The Red Sermon!) because the lighting behind and around him was an ominous red. He declared the danger of being a MAGA Republican. He is betting on some in Our Party having disdain for being labeled thusly and splitting of from the "Regular Republicans." This is as last ditch attempt at division. It is also what PANIC looks like. He knows we are unified. He knows we are stronger than ever. He should know that his silly and un-American rhetoric will not divide us. It will only serve to make us stronger.
We are 48 days away from the midterm elections. Never has our Republic been so threatened as it is today. Let us all go boldly into the fray!
He is sifting out the hearts of men
before His judgement seat;
Oh be swift, my soul, to answer Him
be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
Battle Hymn of the Republic